Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The Center of Town



I worked on this painting as a commission for someone who grew up in the area. We all get nostalgic about our roots from time to time. I am still connected to friends that shared a playpen with me.
With all the focus these days being on material possessions and the spoiling of the children, it's nice to think back to a simpler time when family and moral values were paramount. I don't know where we are headed as a nation but things are not looking good. I shouldn't use this blog as a soapbox but it is a place to express your thoughts.
I've been trying to take my paintings into a more colorful place. I've always used color in my art but want to step it up a bit. I have graduated to a larger brush so that my strokes are not so clearly defined. I have to admit I went kicking and screaming to the larger brush. I have always been detail oriented.
#48

No comments:

Post a Comment