Thursday, May 5, 2011

Busy, busy

Sorry I haven't posted in a long time. Have been busy getting the mill ready for a huge barn sale that will take place on May 20-21. When you have 3 floors of "stuff" and 31 years of accumulation, it is a long, arduous process. Never realized how much there was until I started the sorting it out.
I have to admit it is rather liberating. I thought I would be sad but, at this stage in my life, it is lightening my load and readying the mill to be put on the market.
Wouldn't it be wonderful to be able to live simply and not have to worry about the upkeep of such a large building. I have enjoyed my time here but it is also time to pass it on to a younger generation that will appreciate the history and function. I can only hope that the new owners will want to continue the tradition of pressing cider on our 1908, belt driven press.
The building contains my apartment, studio, office and retail shop.
I'll keep you updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment