Friday, June 3, 2011

Spring??



We've had a very strange "spring" with wet, chilly weather. One day 80, next 50. So typical of New England but I wouldn't want to live anywhere else.


I got to talking with a friend the other day about values where you live. She happens to live in an urban setting and I'm in a small town. I am blessed to be in a place where friendships and neighbors are close & always willing to lend a helping hand. She does not even know her neighbors as they all work and socialize in different circles.


Many years ago, I lived in the heart of NYC. It was a large apartment building filled with all ages & kinds of people. I certainly didn't know everyone but, coming from New England, I made it a point to get to know as many as possible. They all had such wonderful stories to tell and I think that's where connections blossom. Each person has their story to tell. I wonder how the young "texting" crowd will make those connections when they are limiting their social world to those contained in an electronic gadget. How will you know those stories when messages are abbreviated...


Well, enough of my rambling. I have to get painting as my next show is in Barnstable, MA on June 25-26. I'm working feverishly on some new works. Hope to see you there...

No comments:

Post a Comment